What if one of the supplements you take to improve your health and detox, actually adds pesticide toxins to your body? Many people, using inferior supplements, are doing exactly that.
Unfortunately, if you are using a detox green powder that is not Divine Health Fermented Green Supremefood® and/or is not certified USDA organic, you are likely adding a ton of pesticide toxins with each smoothie, green shot, or juice.
Here’s the crazy part. Non-organic green powders contain concentrated amounts of all their compounds. This includes both nutrients and toxins.
It’s imperative for it to be organic; here’s why. Plus, why Dr. Colbert has gone to great lengths to make sure the Divine Health Fermented Green Supremefood® is ORGANIC, fermented, and uses food-based vitamins and minerals.
Greens Are Part of “The Dirty Dozen”
Certain fruits and vegetables absorb and contain more pesticide toxins than others. The ones with the most pesticides, or 47-67 pesticides per servings, have been coined “The Dirty Dozen.”
These fruits and vegetables tend to have a lot of surface area, are not peeled, and soak in the pesticides. Many of the pesticides are absorbed through the outside of the fruit of vegetables, and into the meat of it. What’s more, some pesticides are absorbed into the plant from the roots. These fruits and vegetables need to be organic whenever possible! The dirty dozen include:
- Domestic Blueberries
- Sweet Bell Peppers
- Spinach, Kale, & Collard Greens
- Imported Grapes
Incredibly, 4 different greens are listed on the Dirty Dozen!
Pesticides are a Real Concern
Although the health concerns with pesticide toxins are often downplayed, there is a scary history of pesticides used on food for human consumption, absorbed into the groundwater and bodies of water, and soaked into the soil. This history includes pesticides that are known to cause health issues in humans and those that are suspected.
After all, pesticides are chemicals made to kill and repel living things: pests. It’s no wonder that may affect our cells in the same manner.
A brief history includes (1):
- Dichlorodiphenyltrichloroethane (DDT) is a toxic insecticide is an organochlorine (OCP) that no longer used in most countries, thank goodness! It has been discontinued due to public health and environmental concerns (2, 3, 4. Amazingly, it’s believed, due to its widespread use in the past, that every living organism on Earth has a DDT body burden, mainly stored in the fat (3). There is also evidence that DDT and its metabolite p,p-dichlorodiphenyldichloroethylene (DDE) may have endocrine-disrupting potential (3) and neurodevelopmental effects in developing children (4).
- Organophosphates have widely taken the place of OCPs, and were promoted to be more ecologically healthy (5). They include a great variety of pesticides, the most common of which is glyphosate. This class of pesticides is known for its endocrine-disrupting potential (6, 7, 8) and potential effects on the function of cholinesterase human enzymes (58), insulin secretion, disruption of normal cellular metabolism of proteins, carbohydrates, and fats, effects on mitochondria resulting in oxidative stress (9), and potential genotoxic effects (10). Glyphosate is the most widely used herbicide in current agriculture (11, 12), and its safety is currently the subject of ongoing scientific controversy (13, 14, 15). Unfortunately, it is extensively used in genetically modified soybeans.
- Another group of pesticides, called carbamate pesticides has been associated with endocrine-disrupting activity and potential reproductive concerns. This group includes aldicarb, carbofuran, and ziram (16, 17).
- Triazines, which include atrazine, simazine, and ametryn, are another class of chemical pesticides that have been associated with endocrine-disrupting effects and reproductive concerns (18, 19, 20).
An Organic Diet Makes a Huge Difference
Before you feel that all hope is lost for our endocrine, reproductive, and other systems, know that you can make a huge difference in your body by detoxing from conventionally grown high-pesticide foods.
In fact, one small study of 4 American families found that just a 6-day organic diet drastically cut their pesticide toxin load!
Amazingly, on average, all pesticide levels dropped by 60.5% in just 6 days. Glyphosate specifically, dropped by 71%. Organophosphates overall dropped by 95%, neonicotinoids dropped by 83%, pyrethroids dropped by 50%, and levels of 2,3-D dropped by 37% (21).
Weed The Toxic Pesticides Out With Detox & Organic Greens
It’s not by coincidence or mistake that Divine Health Fermented Green Supremefood® is made with USDA-Certified Organic Vegetables and Grasses. These foods contain amazingly nutritious compounds that support cellular and full-body detox. They support every detoxifying organ in your body and promote immune health. And best of all, they don’t contain toxic pesticides!
On the other hand, all non-organic green powders contain pesticides. The pesticide load is actually concentrated in non-organic powders. In fact, when food is dehydrated, all of its compounds, including the nutrients and toxins, are concentrated into a small volume. It’s is critical that you are choosey with supplements and powders, especially greens.
In addition, Divine Health Fermented Green Supremefood®:
Contains Food-Based Vitamins and Minerals. The greens and grasses provide many vitamins and minerals in their natural forms. In addition, Divine Health has added more food-based, non-synthetic nutrients to help you get the nutrition you need each day and feel energized, lean, and healthy!
Ferments the Greens and Grasses. Why? Fermentation decreases sugars, concentrates nutrients and makes them more bioavailable, increases healthy bacteria in the food to support digestion and immune health, and improves the tolerance of proteins.
How About You?
What’s been your experience with Dr. Colbert’s 21 Day Detox and Fast and Divine Health Fermented Green Supremefood®? We want to know! Send us your 21 Day Detox testimonial, with a picture or video, and we’ll send you a free Dr. Colbert 21 Day Detox and Fast t-shirt! Here’s how to get in on it:
Simply text your unbiased testimonial with pictures or video to (407)512-9704 or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Green powders are an invaluable supplement in the detox journey, but buyer beware. Make sure yours are organic, fermented, and food based. Don’t add toxins while detoxing!