Detox Chocolate? Sounds a bit too good to be true.
If you’re doubting these delicious irresistible, detox chocolate dessert holiday recipes, I don’t blame you. Too often, detox recipes are written with only the detox goals and ingredients in mind, and not the flavor.
But, there’s no reason you have to settle just because you are taking great care of your body with a detox. In fact, we’ve put together amazing recipes that do both: detox the body and delight the taste buds.
And, we’ve done it just in time for the Holidays. Here are 3 DETOX CHOCOLATE Holiday Desserts you won’t be able to resist.
3 Detox Chocolate Holiday Desserts You Won’t Be Able to Resist
1. Detox Velvety Chocolate Avocado Pudding
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk (canned)
- 6 tablespoon raw cacao powder
- 6-8 tablespoon erythritol, to taste
- 3 tablespoon Keto Zone Hydrolyzed Collagen powder
- 1 scoop Keto Zone Fiber Zone (unflavored)
- 2 medium avocados
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 4-5 raspberries
Place coconut milk and cacao in a medium saucepan. Heat on medium and whisk until smooth. Remove from heat and stir in swerve and collagen until completely dissolved.
Transfer to blender or food processor. Add all other ingredients and blend until thoroughly mixed and smooth. Chill at least 30 minutes. Top with berries and enjoy!
Serves 4, ~3/4 cup each serving.
Nutrition information: 327 calories, 27 gm fat, 5 gm net carbs, 7 gm protein
2. Detox Chocolate Almond Holiday Fudge
- 1 cup almond butter (room temperature)
- 1/3 cup organic coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup erythritol (or equivalent stevia)
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla
Mix almond butter and coconut oil in a medium bowl until smooth. In a medium bowl, mix together the almond butter and coconut oil until smooth. (If your almond butter is stored in the refrigerator and cold, allow it to warm to room temperature so it will mix well.)
Add cocoa powder, erythritol or stevia, sea salt, and vanilla. Stir until smooth and creamy.
Line a 9×9 inch baking dish with parchment paper or grease well. Pour in mix and smooth the top with a spatula.
Place in the freeze for at least one hour to set. Slice into 16 pieces, and serve.
Make sure to store in the freeze, as the fudge softens quickly at room temperature.
Nutrition info (per piece): 97 calories, 2 grams fat, 3 grams net carbs (4 grams carbs, 1 gram fiber), 2 grams protein
3. Detox Chocolate-Covered Strawberries
- 1/3 cup organic coconut oil
- 6 tablespoon raw cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 18 drops liquid stevia
- 15 strawberries
In a small bowl, melt the coconut oil by microwaving for 30-45 seconds until completely liquid. Add cacao, vanilla extract, and stevia. Mix well.
Prepare plate with parchment paper. Dip strawberries, one at a time, into chocolate mixture, and set on the plate.
Once done with all strawberries, refrigerate and allow to harden. Store in refrigerator.
Nutrition info (per strawberry): 57 calories, 5 grams fat, 1 gram net carbs (2 grams carb, 1 gram fiber), 1 gram protein
Raw Cacao’s Detoxifing Power
Cacao supports whole body health and detox in many ways. It supports:
- Brain Function: Its flavonols cross the blood-brain barrier to support health, serotonin levels, blood flow, cognition, and mood. (1).
- Blood Pressure: Cacao’s nitric oxide is a vasodilator. By increasing the size of the vessels, it reduces the pressure in them. This has been found especially true in older adults and those with elevated blood pressure (2, 3).
- Energy & Sleep: One serving of cacao provides 100 mg of magnesium, ~25% of daily needs. Magnesium is typically deficient in adults. Adequate magnesium is associated with better energy, better sleep, fewer muscle cramps (including night cramps), and better overall health.
- Oxidative Stress: Cacao is an antioxidant powerhouse. It contains 300 different antioxidant chemical compounds and more than 20 times the antioxidant power of blueberries. And while other foods’ antioxidants diminish with time, cacao has demonstrated stability in samples over 75 years old (4)!
This Holiday Season, you don’t have to settle. Detox and enjoy delicious treats. Try our Detox Chocolate Holiday Desserts. Let us know what you think!