Whether you realize it or not, your liver desperately needs you. It needs you to take its health seriously and know how to care for it. Your liver works overtime, around the clock to filter blood, help with digestion, and remove toxins. You can help it. Start today and give your liver a boost with Dr. Colbert’s Liver Detox.
Weighing in at about 3 pounds and setting on the right side of your abdomen, your liver is busy all day every day. Its functions are crucial to your health and life. Every time you take a bite or drink, your liver is ready and waiting. When you eat, your food and drinks begin their digestion journey in your mouth. You chew and chew, and start to break down foods. Then, the food and drinks make their way down your esophagus to your stomach. Here, food is further broken down both chemically (by acid and enzymes), and mechanically (by churning). Once ready, the broken-down nutrients will make their way to your intestines. There, enzymes dismantle the nutrients further into absorbable sugars, amino acids, and fatty acids. Your intestines absorb the nutrients and send them to the liver.
Milk Thistle Supports the Health of Other Organs
Milk thistle doesn’t stop with the liver. It also:
- May help protect neurons and support healthy brain function while aging
- Stimulates bone mineralization
- Decreases skin inflammation and blemishes
- Promotes insulin sensitivity
- Supports healthy immune function
More Ways to Help Your Liver
There are a few more things you can do to support healthy liver function. These include:
- Limiting excessive carbohydrates and sugars in the diet. Every time you eat too many carbohydrates and sugar, your liver has to turn them into fatty acids for the body.
- Overworking your liver with sugar may harm it over time.
- Choosing healthy monounsaturated fats as your main source of oils and fats. Specifically, use extra virgin olive oil, avocados, and other omega-9 fats in cooking and eating.
- Limiting or avoiding alcohol. Alcohol intake directly affects the liver and requires it to work overtime to detoxify your blood.
- Eating foods with fiber including vegetables, nuts, seeds, psyllium husk, and inulin.
- Avoiding sugary drinks like soda.
- Doing your best to maintain a healthy weight.
- Each day you can choose to support your liver with healthy eating and a healthy lifestyle.